Recently I made a batch of gluten-free carrot cake muffins adapted from @healthbymads on IG! I made mine gluten-free and vegan by subbing in almond flour for regular flour. I wanted to make this recipe because carrots have so many benefits! They are an excellent source of vitamin A in the form of beta carotene. They are also a good source of several B vitamins, as well as vitamin K and potassium. These muffins are a delicious way to get some important nutrients first thing in the morning or as a quick afternoon snack.
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 grated apple (peel the skin first)
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs/flax eggs
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and get a non-stick muffin tray
2. Grate the apple and carrots, then mash the banana and combine all in a bowl along with the melted coconut oil, eggs & vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients, then in parts, combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
4. Lastly, fold in raisins, then pour into the muffin tray
5. Bake for about 14-17 min and enjoy!