As a fan of matcha and banana bread, I was excited to try making this treat. Although my recipe is very similar to the banana bread recipe that is already on my blog, matcha is known it add a bitter element to baked goods so I had to make some slight adjustments. Although I am still tweaking around with the recipe and trying to get the right amount of sweetness from the banana and earthy taste from the matcha, the gluten-free loaf I made last week has been approved by my family and some of my followers on IG already!
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 c almond flour
- 1/4 c of coconut flour
- 2 eggs/flax eggs
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp on baking soda
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp of ceremonial grade matcha
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2) Spray your loaf tray with some cooking oil and line with parchment paper
3) Mash bananas until they are smooth
4) Mix in the wet ingredients – egg, vanilla, coconut oil, syrup
5) In a separate bowl, mix the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, and matcha. Make sure that there are no lumps in the mixture.
6) Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until the batter is uniform
7) Pour the batter into your loaf tray and bake for 45-55 mins. Use a cake tester or knife to see if it is ready.
Let me know in the comments if you try the recipe and like it! Thanks for reading!