Chocolate chip cookies are a go-to dessert that you can’t escape whether you are at a child’s birthday party or attending a lunch for a work event. Although tasty they are not the best thing to grab regularly. I have been testing out different ways to make a healthier version, and after some trial and error I have a recipe that is vegetarian, gluten free and doesn’t have a sandy texture. Here are the ingredients that you need:
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (soft but not completely melted)
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Mix coconut oil and maple syrup first with a whisk until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and stir until smooth
- In a separate bowl mix the flour/meal with the baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix well
- Scoop out a tbsp of dough for each cookie- keep cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined tray.
- Pop into the oven for 8-9 mins. Cookies should have golden brown edges.
- When done – let cool for 15-20 mins before enjoying!
This will make about 15- 16 cookies. I hope that you all try this out and let me know how you like them. The suggested serving size is two cookies–but lets me honest here, these are so good they will be gone in a flash!