If you follow me on Instagram you have probably seen me make a matcha latte at least once a week. Matcha, like the traditional green tea that you get in a tea bag, is filled with antioxidants and very beneficial for you. Matcha powder however, is more bio-available than green tea, meaning you can absorb it better. Although this powder is good for you, it gets kind of pricey overtime and it is best for me personally to make matcha lattes at home. Here is how to make a latte:
- 1 1/4 tsp matcha powder (I like Townshend’s and Organic Matcha)
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 3/4 cup of non dairy milk – heat or leave chilled if you want a hot or iced latte
- Add the matcha powder to the hot water and stir with a wooden matcha whisk or in a blender. If you used a blender, remove the matcha and water mitxure and keep it in a separate container.
- For iced lattes – add the cold milk to the blender and blend until it is frothy. For hot lattes, heat on a stove top gradually until the milk becomes frothy.
- Add the milk to a glass or mug (with ice if you want an iced latte).
- Pour the matcha and water mixture over the almond milk.