With its super-moist texture, sweet banana and brown sugar flavors, the incredibly softly crumbed banana bread (and muffins too) is one of my favorite treats to eat. Unfortunately, while banana bread is good for my taste buds, it is not practical to consume it too frequently. Since I began eating a little more mindfully I have been making a healthier version of banana bread. Here is what you need:
- 2 over ripe bananas – make sure they have the brown spots on them
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of soft coconut oil
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 inch bread loaf pan with parchment paper and spray/rub any exposed sides with coconut oil.
- Mash the overripe bananas until
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the bananas– the maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix until they are thoroughly combined
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients. Be sure to remove any clumps from the almond of coconut flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet until the dough become thick and even.
- Place the dough in the pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30 mins and check if a knife/cake tester comes out clean.
This easy treat is good by itself or great with a nut butter and fruit. What is your favorite traditional (non-healthy) dessert? Have you found any healthier alternatives for it? Let me know in the comments!