Even if you are only vaguely interested in the wellness world you have definitely seen Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi somewhere on Instagram. This version of gnocchi is popular be cause not only is it made of cauliflower and potatoes instead of potatoes and flour like the traditional gnocchi, it tastes delicious. When I go for a Trader Joe’s run I make sure to grab a packet or two to make a quick and healthy dinner that is done in 15 mins. This version is made with vegan pesto, but you can use any sauce you like. Here’s what you need:
- 1 packet of Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s Vegan Kale Pesto
- a pinch of salt (optional)
- garlic powder to your personal taste (optional)
- 6 cherry or grape tomatoes
Here is how to make the Pesto Gnocchi:
- Warm up a non-stick pan using a medium-high level of heat
- Add in the gnocchi straight from the bag- it tastes better in my opinion when you don’t thaw it out.
- Add some salt and garlic to add flavor (optional)
- Cook for about 7-10 mins until the pieces are no longer frozen and have a slight golden tint.
- Remove from the pan and add pesto to the gnocchi
- Halve the tomatoes and saute them for 3-5 mins.
- Add the tomatoes to the gnocchi and enjoy!