Even if you are only vaguely interested in the wellness world you have definitely seen Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi somewhere on Instagram. This version of gnocchi is popular be cause not only is it made of cauliflower and potatoes instead of potatoes and flour like the traditional gnocchi, it tastes delicious. When I go for a Trader Joe’s run I make sure to grab a packet or two to make a quick and healthy dinner that is done in 15 mins. This version is made with vegan pesto, but you can use any sauce you like. Here’s what you need:
- 1 packet of Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s Vegan Kale Pesto
- a pinch of salt (optional)
- garlic powder to your personal taste (optional)
- 6 cherry or grape tomatoes
Here is how to make the Pesto Gnocchi:
- Warm up a non-stick pan using a medium-high level of heat
- Add in the gnocchi straight from the bag- it tastes better in my opinion when you don’t thaw it out.
- Add some salt and garlic to add flavor (optional)
- Cook for about 7-10 mins until the pieces are no longer frozen and have a slight golden tint.
- Remove from the pan and add pesto to the gnocchi
- Halve the tomatoes and saute them for 3-5 mins.
- Add the tomatoes to the gnocchi and enjoy!
Chocolate chip cookies are a go-to dessert that you can’t escape whether you are at a child’s birthday party or attending a lunch for a work event. Although tasty they are not the best thing to grab regularly. I have been testing out different ways to make a healthier version, and after some trial and error I have a recipe that is vegetarian, gluten free and doesn’t have a sandy texture. Here are the ingredients that you need:
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (soft but not completely melted)
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Mix coconut oil and maple syrup first with a whisk until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and stir until smooth
- In a separate bowl mix the flour/meal with the baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix well
- Scoop out a tbsp of dough for each cookie- keep cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined tray.
- Pop into the oven for 8-9 mins. Cookies should have golden brown edges.
- When done – let cool for 15-20 mins before enjoying!
This will make about 15- 16 cookies. I hope that you all try this out and let me know how you like them. The suggested serving size is two cookies–but lets me honest here, these are so good they will be gone in a flash!
Hi there, welcome to my blog! I’m Bahynah, a 20-something girl currently living in New York. I recently graduated from University and I am currently navigating the (often overwhelming) wellness world while having a full time job. Not only will this blog be focused on nutrition and exercise, this is the space where I get to be creative and share my findings and tips on travel, style and everything in between! Thanks for stopping by!