Pancakes are a stable for breakfast that I used to love eating as a kid. Although I have cut down on eating the traditional version of pancakes made with flour, milk and butter, I eat a gluten-free version regularly that brings all the nostalgic memories back. Here’s how to make these pancakes:
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- Mash your bananas into a thick paste
- Add in the eggs, oats and cinnamon and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the blueberries and stir until they are distributed evenly throughout the batter.
- Heat a tablespoon or so of coconut oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook for about 3 minutes, until set. You’ll want to make sure the heat isn’t too high so they don’t burn. Cook on the other side for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from the pan and top with maple syrup and your toppings of choice– I love peanut butter, coconut flakes and bananas on top of mine!